Csound VSCode Plugin 0.3.0

Hi All,

I have published 0.3.0 of the Csound VSCode plugin. The plugin is available from the extensions marketplace within VSCode. The update adds commands for live coding to evaluate ORC or SCO code by sending it over UDP. The “Csound: Evaluate Orchestra Code” command comes pre-bound to the ctrl-enter (or cmd-enter on macOS) keybinding. The “Csound: Evaluate Score Code” command does not come prebound but it’s easy enough to add your own keybinding.

UDP Address and port are configurable via the extension’s configuration page. They default to 127.0.0.1 and port 10000.

I tested the above using my csound-live-code project and was able to start Csound and live code both ORC and SCO code.

Thanks!
Steven

4 Likes

Great stuff Steven. I love how I can select Csound syntax highlighting even if my file is .js or anything else. It’s a great extension.

1 Like

I haven’t had much time to work on the extension recently; I might use it a bit more with the live coding capability now. There’s certainly a number of things that could help to move it forward that are mention in Github issues. Perhaps some more contributors will join some time to help out with the project. :slight_smile:

1 Like

For the Csound Manual Team, the Csound VSCode we use to evaluate and develop examples for the manual. This is the way to make sure that on the different OS we all work with the editor and the terminal and get similar results.

So, thanks for maintaining and updating this!

2 Likes

Definitely interested in this, I have had some experience with VSCode extensions, bit rusty but will take a look sooner than later.

I’m working with it since 5 minutes and I’m already in love with it!
Great stuff!! Thanks for sharing :clap:

1 Like