[Csnd] Spectral Music by Victor Lazzarini is available at half price on Amazon

Apologies if this is off topic, but I figured this would be useful to at least a few people here.
Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

I had to read the message twice. On first reading I wondered if it was referring to a composition of spectral music. On the second reading, the penny dropped: you are referring to the book that is literally on my lap: finally found time to read it. I expect to read it more than once, and refer to it for years to come. Highly recommended.

All the best,

Jacques

Ah yes I can see how that could have been confusing :slight_smile:

Just ordered a copy, supposed to be here tomorrow. Yeah,… half price, nice.

-PBS

+1 on it being a great book! I also recommend it widely. :slight_smile:

iain

Just got 4-minutes ago, thumbing thru it quickly, then back to work,…

… very good. I’m going to enjoy this one. Good review of audio, and covers

details I hadn’t considered before.

Very good Victor.

-PBS

Thanks, Partev.

Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

Anytime.

And I haven’t found any Taylor series typos yet, so even better. Sunglasses

-Partev

Victor’s incredibly new book - Spectral Music Design - is the required text for my DSP (EP413) class at Berklee & for my Advanced Project Thesis Prep class too (EP401 and EP491)

It is AWESOME

That’s great to hear, thanks for adopting it.

Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

i finally received my copy, too. what a fantastic book, collecting so many aspects of this area, and digging deeply. the python code examples are extremely instructive. congrats!!!

i was wondering whether there could be (or is already?) a repo with the code examples, similar to what we did in the springer csound book.

best -
  joachim

yes, I should do this soon. It was supposed to be hosted by OUP, but in the end they did not do it.

Victor

Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland