AthenaCL Score Generator

Hi,

i am pleased to announce that Ales Tsurko is taking care of the score generator program AthenaCL now and that he has made it python 3 ready.
AthenaCL can generate hundreds of events- if you know how to deal with the program. Like JMask and nGen it has its own mind, and this can lead to interesting results.

Steven Yi has updated his program athenaPipe.py so now it can run in python 2 and 3. Thanks for that!

I made an ObjectBuilder for AthenaCL, hoping to tame a bit all these options and leave out the options not needed for work in Blue. It is not perfect but is a good start.

I have uploaded to BlueShare.
I hope it is of use for the Blue user

Menno

The AthenaCL Score Generator is not an easy click and play module.
AthenaCL has tons of options that make it hard to master, and can produce unexpected but interesting results Also this ObjectBuilder is not the easiest to understand and use. You should know your way in AthenaCL itself in order to appriciate this module.
One must really try and try some more, but i can be VERY rewarding. In any case, you’ll need the AthenaCL manual by your side, start with a simple basic setting and work your way up.

AthenaCL for python 3 can be found here: GitHub - ales-tsurko/athenaCL: Python 3 fork of athenaCL by Christopher Ariza
Big thanks to Ales Tsurko to have converted it to python 3!
You should run the athenaPipe.py from Steven Yi as it acts as a bridge between AthenaCL and Blue. The command line looks something like: python3 /PATH/TO/athenaCL/athenaCL/athenaPipe.py $infile

This module is setup so, that p4 is ready to read the Note/freq Output as set in the upper left corner. For P4 itself you should enter notes or frequencies, then the Note/freq Output converts it to the setting you have chosen for your instrument.
Use the TEST button beforehand to check to see if you get the desired results.

The AthenaCL Score Generator generates data for 12 pfields. It can NOT produce less or more pfields. If you have an instrument that only uses 6 pfields, the Csound output will protest but work: WARNING: instr 1 uses 6 p-fields but is given 12
Perhaps in a future realease this can be improved, but hey- it works…

2 Likes

i have extended the AthenaCL Score Generator to include its filters.
The Texture is Cloned, the original Texture is muted; this turns out the way to have the filters of the Texture Clone included…
I think i leave it like this for a while.

The AthenaCL Score Generator is not an easy click and play module.
AthenaCL has tons of options that make it hard to master, and can produce unexpected but interesting results Also this ObjectBuilder is not the easiest to understand and use. You should know your way in AthenaCL itself in order to appriciate this module.
One must really try and try some more, but i can be VERY rewarding. In any case, you’ll need the AthenaCL manual by your side, start with a simple basic setting and work your way up.

AthenaCL for python 3 can be found here: GitHub - ales-tsurko/athenaCL: Python 3 fork of athenaCL by Christopher Ariza
Big thanks to Ales Tsurko to have converted it to python 3!
You should run the athenaPipe.py from Steven Yi as it acts as a bridge between AthenaCL and Blue. The command line looks something like: python3 /PATH/TO/athenaCL/athenaCL/athenaPipe.py $infile

Every pfield can be set up to use PathRead. In this module, you need to set PathRead to read notes, frequencies and such, and convert them to the values you need in your instrument. It is NOT possible to use the normal Path ( pin ) to make multisets.
This flaw can be countered because in Blue you can create several Objects, giving them different notes for each Object.
P2 = BPM. Csound has basic 60 bpm, i use 120 bpm- the AthenaCL default.
P3 = combination of rhythm, duration and accents. So P2 and P3 work together to get the final result.

In AthenaCL, amplitude and panning have their ownmenaing, but here in the AthenaCL Score Generator these are ommitted.
Use the TEST button beforehand to check to see if you get the desired results.

The AthenaCL Score Generator generates data for 12 pfields. It can NOT produce less or more pfields. If you have an instrument that only uses 6 pfields, the Csound output will protest but work: WARNING: instr 1 uses 6 p-fields but is given 12
Perhaps in a future realease this can be improved, but hey- it works…

version 1.2

• added Texture Clone with filtering options
  • set original Texture to mute, use only TextureClone output

version 1.1, february 2021

• now all pfields >3 can produce the PathRead to freq etc.
  • simplified GUI
  • added help in the balloons

version 1.0, february 2021

• initial version by Menno Knevel
2 Likes