[Csnd] Question about the Sensekey opcode

Hi all,

I’d like to use the Sensekey opcode to monitor keyboard input. However, I want to be able to use other keys than alphanumeric ones, like the arrow keys, for instance. Is this possible? The examples that come with the reference manual only show letters being used, so that’s why I’m asking.

Best regards,

Susanne

Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Jan 26 2022, Susanne Pedersen has written:

Hi all,

I’d like to use the Sensekey opcode to monitor keyboard input. However, I want to be able to use other keys than alphanumeric ones, like the arrow keys, for instance.

...
On my system it works, however the cursor keys output values 65-68, i.e.
the same as A-D. Modifying with shift makes no difference.

HTH.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

i once wrote a udo to work with this in csoundqt:

not sure it works on other frontends, or in the terminal, but it may be helpful.

best -
  joachim

Jan 26 2022, joachim heintz has written:

i once wrote a udo to work with this in csoundqt:
csudo/CsQtArwKeys.csd at master · csudo/csudo · GitHub

Great stuff! It works for me. All cursor keys are returned as negative, everything else positive.

good to know --- thanks!

Some time ago, I wrote an opcode for fetching multi byte keystrokes and return them as a unique number. Works perfectly in Ubuntu and basically in Windows (function keys are coded improperly there)

See the attached example, maybe it's helpful. Needs no QT, works in plain terminal Csound (which is my favourite :slight_smile: )

Btw, is there a way to suppress the key annoying key echo in the terminal? Didn't find anything...

Best - Jana

joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de> hat am 26.01.2022 21:28 geschrieben:

good to know --- thanks!

> Jan 26 2022, joachim heintz has written:
>
>> i once wrote a udo to work with this in csoundqt:
>> csudo/CsQtArwKeys.csd at master · csudo/csudo · GitHub
> Great stuff! It works for me. All cursor keys are returned as negative,
> everything else positive.
>>
>> not sure it works on other frontends, or in the terminal, but it may
>> be helpful.
>>
>> best -
>> joachim
>>
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I’d like to use the Sensekey opcode to monitor keyboard input.
>>> However, I
>>> want to be able to use other keys than alphanumeric ones, like the
>>> arrow
>>> keys, for instance. Is this possible? The examples that come with the
>>> reference manual only show letters being used, so that’s why I’m
>>> asking.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Susanne
>>>
>>> Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>>> <mailto:Csound@listserv.heanet.ie>
>>> LISTSERV 16.5 - CSOUND List at LISTSERV.HEANET.IE
>>> <LISTSERV 16.5 - CSOUND List at LISTSERV.HEANET.IE> Send bugs reports to
>>> Issues · csound/csound · GitHub
>>> <Issues · csound/csound · GitHub> Discussions of bugs and
>>> features
>>> can be posted here
>>
>> Csound mailing list
>> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>> LISTSERV 16.5 - CSOUND List at LISTSERV.HEANET.IE
>> Send bugs reports to
>> Issues · csound/csound · GitHub
>> Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
>>
>>
>

Csound mailing list
Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
LISTSERV 16.5 - CSOUND List at LISTSERV.HEANET.IE
Send bugs reports to
        Issues · csound/csound · GitHub
Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Csound mailing list
Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
Send bugs reports to
        Issues · csound/csound · GitHub
Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

uniquekey.csd (958 Bytes)