[Csnd] [music] welcome to Neptune (3d audio soundscape)

Hey hey,
I've had this around for a while, but finally got around to creating an image for it the other week. :slight_smile:

It's a virtual travel from free space through the layers of Neptune's atmosphere down to the core, based on a small fragment I had noted on some journey or other.

All sounds are synthesized, but some are modelled on audio recordings from NASA's Voyager II when it had passed the planet. These would be audio representations of different instruments aboard the space probe.

The piece was actually organised based on the idea of travelling through the atmosphere. With groups of instruments assigned to different heights. Vocal fragments were later processed by a different Csound orchestra dn mixed with the soundscape.

Seeing that all sound was synthesized, a synthesized image was the perfect match. :slight_smile:

Enjoy and best wishes,

Jeanette

Jeanette,

A beautiful image - and a lovely piece.

• next week at Berklee, both Poem Settings in my DSP Class and Noise Piece in my Comp Class
  • this will make an excellent example for both!

Take care - and THANKS.

Mar 22 2021, Dr. Richard Boulanger has written:

A beautiful image - and a lovely piece.

Thanks Richard, also for the YT comment!

- next week at Berklee, both Poem Settings in my DSP Class and Noise Piece
in my Comp Class

Would you like the text and/or possibly the code for the noise part?

Best wishes,

Jeanette

I would love the .csd for the noise part!

In Comp, I could then both play and render it for them!

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor
Electronic Production and Design
Berklee College of Music

Mar 22 2021, Dr. Richard Boulanger has written:

I would love the .csd for the noise part!

I have uploaded it to dropbox:

Please let me know, when you have downloaded it. If you have further questions, please also let me know. I think the code is not consistently well documented.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

Thanks! I have it. And it is rendering now. Wonderful.