[Csnd] Csound for Pure Data: CsoundLib64 is not loaded

Hello,

Not having Max/MSP, I tried Csound6~ object for Pd on MacOS and got an error below.
CsoundLib64 is installed in /Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0, but csound6~.pd_darwin does not search this library.
Putting the symlink in /System/Library might solve the issue but I want to avoid it.
Is there any ideas to solve this issue?

System:
MacBook Pro(Intel)
Csound version 6.17
Csound for Pure Data v1.01.0 (Releases · csound/csound_pd · GitHub)
Pd 0.52.1

Error message:
/Users/tetsuya/Documents/Pd/externals/csound6~/csound6~.pd_darwin: dlopen(/Users/tetsuya/Documents/Pd/externals/csound6~/csound6~.pd_darwin, 0x000A): Library not loaded: @rpath/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/CsoundLib64
  Referenced from: /Users/tetsuya/Documents/Pd/externals/csound6~/csound6~.pd_darwin
  Reason: tried: '/Users/victor/Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/CsoundLib64' (no such file), '/Users/victor/Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/CsoundLib64' (no such file), '/System/Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/CsoundLib64' (no such file

Best,
Tetsuya Miwa
Csound mailing list
Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
Send bugs reports to
        Issues · csound/csound · GitHub
Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

I think PD has a preference setting to add plugin paths. At least, it used to have it.

Dear Victor,

Pd search path is configured for Csound6.
The error message says that CsoundLib64 was referenced from /Users/tetsuya/Documents/Pd/externals/csound6~/csound6~.pd_darwin but failed.
I guess Csound6~ is opened but CsoundLib64 is not loaded.

Tetsuya Miwa.

2022/03/21 21:04、Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@MU.IE>のメール:

I think PD has a preference setting to add plugin paths. At least, it used to have it.

Warning

This email originated from outside of Maynooth University’s Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

Hello,

Not having Max/MSP, I tried Csound6~ object for Pd on MacOS and got an error below.
CsoundLib64 is installed in /Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0, but csound6~.pd_darwin does not search this library.
Putting the symlink in /System/Library might solve the issue but I want to avoid it.

System:
MacBook Pro(Intel)
Csound version 6.17
Pd 0.52.1

Error message:
/Users/tetsuya/Documents/Pd/externals/csound6~/csound6~.pd_darwin: dlopen(/Users/tetsuya/Documents/Pd/externals/csound6~/csound6~.pd_darwin, 0x000A): Library not loaded: @rpath/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/CsoundLib64
Referenced from: /Users/tetsuya/Documents/Pd/externals/csound6~/csound6~.pd_darwin
Reason: tried: ‘/Users/victor/Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/CsoundLib64’ (no such file), ‘/Users/victor/Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/CsoundLib64’ (no such file), ‘/System/Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/CsoundLib64’ (no such file

Best,
Tetsuya Miwa
Csound mailing list
LISTSERV 16.5 - CSOUND List at LISTSERV.HEANET.IE
Send bugs reports to

Csound mailing list
Send bugs reports to

Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

I see, the @rpath is specified but it’s not set in the executable. I’ve changed it to get rid of that and updated the package. See if it works now.

Victor

Dear Victor,

The issue was solved and I can run example code. Thank you!

Tetsuya Miwa

2022/03/21 22:32、Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@MU.IE>のメール:

I see, the @rpath is specified but it's not set in the executable. I've changed it to get rid of that and updated the package. See if it works now.

Victor

Dear Victor,

Pd search path is configured for Csound6.
The error message says that CsoundLib64 was referenced from /Users/tetsuya/Documents/Pd/externals/csound6~/csound6~.pd_darwin but failed.
I guess Csound6~ is opened but CsoundLib64 is not loaded.

Tetsuya Miwa.

2022/03/21 21:04、Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@MU.IE>のメール:

*Warning*

This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

Hello,

System:
MacBook Pro(Intel)
Csound version 6.17
Pd 0.52.1

Error message:
Reason: tried: '/Users/victor/Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/CsoundLib64' (no such file), '/Users/victor/Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/CsoundLib64' (no such file), '/System/Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/CsoundLib64' (no such file

Best,
Tetsuya Miwa
Csound mailing list
Send bugs reports to

Csound mailing list
Send bugs reports to

Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie LISTSERV 16.5 - CSOUND List at LISTSERV.HEANET.IE Send bugs reports to Issues · csound/csound · GitHub Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie LISTSERV 16.5 - CSOUND List at LISTSERV.HEANET.IE Send bugs reports to Issues · csound/csound · GitHub Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Csound mailing list
https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
Send bugs reports to

I can confirm, this is what I use!

(PD extended)