The developers are pleased to announce that this morning version 6.17 was
released and can be found at
# CSOUND VERSION 6.17 RELEASE NOTES - DRAFT - DRAFT - DRAFT - DRAFT
Mainly a bug-fixing release but also a major re-organisation of the
libraries to move all opcodes with dependencies into a separate plugins
repository. The only exception to this is the OSC opcodes (which
depend on liblo). This is in part a preparation for Csound7. This is
the last release using the current parser (v.2).
-- The Developers
## USER-LEVEL CHANGES
### New opcodes
- scanmap and scansmap are like the xscanmap/xscansmap opcodes but
work with the mainstream scan opcodes.
- trigexpseg, triglinseg are aliases for trigExpseg, trigLinseg.
- xscan opcodes are deprecated as they add nothing to the scan opcodes.
- bformdec2 provides more ambisonic decoding of bformat audio.
- metrobpm is like metro but the timing is in beats per minute and the
signal can be offset by a proportion of the cycle.
- sequ is a csound version of a hardware sequencer. It has many modes and options.
- gtadsr implements a gated ADSR envelope
### New gen
- Message printing has been revised so -m16 suppresses all
- add channel count to list_audio_devices (called when the flag
--devices is used so that it can be parsed by frontends).
### Modified Opcodes and Gens
- event opcode does not bail out if the instrument called does not exist.
- Added an optional prefix to soundfont instruments printed via sfilist.
- lpslots reworked with better control.
- cvanal now uses the SADIR environment to look for analysis files.
### General Usage
## Bugs Fixed
- fareylen called a non-existent function leading to a crash. Removed typo.
- turnoff could cause clicks in some cases; fixed.
- turnoff3 improved.
- cntReset fixed; had a false initialisation code.
- binary search in bpf fixed.
- pvscfs frame counting issue fixed.
- --sample-accurate fixed in a-rate form of tabsum.
- Problem in atssinnoi fixed; did read outside allocated memory.
- hrtfmove fixed; it could use the wrong value for sr.
- Named instruments could use wrong structure in redefinition.
- fixes in the jack backend relating to --get-system-sr.
- pvcross frequency warp mode fixed.
- lpcfilter/lpcanal bug where processing could not be restarted after
a freeze fixed.
- the emugens collection of opcode, a large group incorporation mainly
array operations, were not made available due to a small editing
- If using a float build (rather than a double) array access could be
- In some cases instr0 code could ignore loops after an incorrect
warning. Now fixed.
- Bugs in mp3len and similar fixed.
- Crash in syncgrain issue #1773 fixed
- UDO Fsig output is fixed.
# SYSTEM LEVEL CHANGES
### System Changes
- winsound has been removed.
CreateThread2 is a new API function that allows threads to be given a
user-defined stack size.
### External Plugin Code
For a variety of reasons including licences, plugin opcodes that
allow csound to be a host for VST plugins is available from
GitHub - gogins/csound-vst3-opcodes: Csound plugin opcodes for hosting vst3 plugin instruments and effects. where installation
instructions can be found. It has been shown to work on Linux, MacOS
### Platform Specific